Friday, March 22, 2013

Color Me Styled - Mixed Print Blues

Collared Shirt: Banana Republic (similar) | Topshirt: J.Crew (similar) | Jeans: Anthroplogie (similar) | Shoes: TOMS

"Now you know how Kate Upton felt."

Luckily I had more on than swimsuits (or less) but I braved the frigid temps on Wednesday (the "First Day of Spring") to snap this Outfit of the Day (OOTD). But I owe the shot to Danny who also braved the cold to capture it. We took a couple and this one didn't have the best lighting, but I looked the thinnest. Vanity wins.

Anyways, I love this outfit of mixed prints and mixed shades of blue. It is tough to tell in this picture but the pants are grey with little white polka dots and the blue in the striped shirt look weathered which adds a fun vintage feel. The collared shirt is your standard oxford and the shoes are trusty canvas TOMS.

I polished up the, already preppy, outfit with a strand of oversized pearls and sapphire and silver posts. Hair is in a messy topknot for a couple of reasons. First, it allowed me to easily wear my winter headband to keep my ears warm and secondly it was windy as all get up so I would have had a chaotic hair situation without the updo.

This look can be modified in many ways (different colors, patterned collared shirt and a solid top shirt, or try patterns on both shirts) but the keys are to wear a 3/4 length or long sleeved top shirt and make sure whatever pieces you mix together have something in common. The easiest (and foolproof-est) is color; like my blue shades or with a solid picking up a color in a floral shirt.

If you feel like a kaleidoscope maybe take a second look at what you've mixed together... unless that's the look you're going for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover