Friday, June 7, 2013

Style Your Summer - Farissa & Sara of WhatRUWearing.net



WhatRUWearing.net was founded by Farissa Knox in 2012, a native New Yorker, who has worked in Advertising for the past 8 years, with a love for clothes and a passion for pulling looks together. Based in Chicago, WhatRUWearing.net is a social networking site for people who love fashion, clothes and the joy of putting an outfit together you can be proud of each morning for work, going out with friends, or hitting the town with a date. The site is a platform for people to be a part of a conversation by posting their pictures everyday (for comments) or when they want advice from the other followers on the site. There are functions that allow people to hang other peoples’ outfits in their virtual closet for later inspiration for those days when you have ‘nothing to wear’, This or That when you need help deciding between a pair of shoes, a belt or dresses,  and a blog-  just to name a few. There is also a social calendar that lists fashion events that look like a great time for our users and a photo gallery of pictures we take at fashion shows and events around town.


Farissa’s Summer Style: When the warmer weather finally decides to show up to Chicago, I make sure I have my summer staples ready for the season. For me, I have to have tons of cotton, loose, comfy dress options. I love to throw on a comfortable dress that lets you breathe all day, a couple of accessories, and cute pair of heeled sandals and go about my day (and possibly evening). For this outfit, I pulled one of the new dresses from Targethttp://www.target.com/p/xhilaration-juniors-hankerchief-hem-fit-and-flare-dress-assorted-colors/-/A-14393866#prodSlot=medium_1_29 that has been waiting in my closet for at least the past 5 weeks, an old red belt I got last summer at Forever 21, some Nine West sandals I have had for years and my newest obsession (birthday gift from my husband) my Chloe sunglasses. It took all of 5 minutes to pull together, I feel great and I look good!




Sara’s Summer Style: Summer in Chicago is the time of year we all look forward to after months of cold weather and snow. I’m all about the effortless but trendy looks for summer that are easy to wear and adaptable to city life. A simple gray t-shirt from the Gap paired with my favorite black J.Crew pixie pants is an outfit I can wear any season, but pairing it with a denim vest and wedges gives this look a summer feel. Since I’m loving the denim vest trend I found this affordable option at Forever 21 that can easily make this outfit perfect for a weekend shopping downtown. Every girl needs a great pair of wedges that are easy to walk in and chic for a day or night look. My black and white wedges are from Gap last season but these espadrille wedges from J.Crew are a close second. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover