Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Fitness Fashioned


Fitbit Flex, Fitbit, Fuelband, Nike Fuelband SE, Rose Gold, Nike, Jewelry Stacking, Color Me Styled
Nike+ Fuelband (via Pinterest) and the Fitbit Flex (via me)

A hot item for Christmas this year was the wearable fitness tracker.  There are several brands available, Fitbit, Nike, or Jawbone for starters and they all track daily activity.  The trick is... you've got to wear it!  Now, it isn't the end of the world to skip a day if you've got a particularly special event but these bands can all easily double as a regular member of your wrist stacks.

I got one for Christmas and I've enjoyed wearing it.  I admit I didn't hit my step goal the last few days but I'm blaming it on 3 days of consecutive snowfall followed by absolute zero temperatures.  Since I am new to the wearable fitness tracker trend, I asked 4 of my fabulous blogger friends to share their style!

- - - - - - - -

First up, Ashley of A Hop, Skip & Jump to the Midwest (renamed A Hop, Skip, and a Bump maybe?).  Ashley has the Fitbit One which actually clips onto your waist or bra.  In her half marathon picture you can see it clipped to her sports top.  She also swears she has it clipped to her bra under that beautiful dress!


Fitbit Flex, Fitbit, Fuelband, Nike Fuelband SE, Rose Gold, Nike, Jewelry Stacking, Color Me Styled, A Hop Skip and Jump,
Ashley | A Hop, Skip & Jump to the Midwest

Christine of View from 5ft2 has the Nike+ Fuelband and it helps remind her to move a bit more every day.  She's set some goals for herself this year including drinking her daily amount of water, working out 3x a week including at least one yoga session, and stretching more frequently.  And, as a style blogger you'll see that Fuelband a lot so keep checking back for style inspiration!


Fitbit Flex, Fitbit, Fuelband, Nike Fuelband SE, Rose Gold, Nike, Jewelry Stacking, Color Me Styled, View from 5ft2
Christine | View from 5ft2

Lenka of Healthy Fit Goddess also has the Nike+ Fuelband and loves it.  She makes sure she hits the gym every day but also has a desk job so she spends the rest of her day sitting.  Her Fuelband prompts her to get up from the screen more often and her goal is to hit her Fuel 6 days a week!


Fitbit Flex, Fitbit, Fuelband, Nike Fuelband SE, Rose Gold, Nike, Jewelry Stacking, Color Me Styled, Healthy Fit Goddess
Lenka | Healthy Fit Goddess

Finally, Sierra of Posh Meets Pavement has the Fitbit Flex (same one I have). Her goal is to hit 10-12k steps a day... that's over 4 miles!  


Fitbit Flex, Fitbit, Fuelband, Nike Fuelband SE, Rose Gold, Nike, Jewelry Stacking, Color Me Styled, Posh Meets Pavement
Sierra | Posh Meets Pavement


Do you have a fitness tracker?  Do you love it?  I'm excited to have mine and I know it motivates me to move more and to get more steps whenever I can.  I've also been better about tracking my food because My Fitness Pal ties into my Fitbit dashboard.  A lot of our family members got Fitbits for Christmas too so it has been fun to learn more about how to be more active every day.

Fitbit Flex, Fitbit, Fuelband, Nike Fuelband SE, Rose Gold, Nike, Jewelry Stacking, Color Me Styled, Chicago, Jewelmint, Crewcuts, Bracelets


I've styled my Fitbit with a Kate Spade Idiom bangle, a J.Crew/Crewcuts bracelet, a Jewelmint bangle, and a Silver Cuff Bracelet (similar here) and I've continued the layering and stacking trend with a gaggle of midi-rings (they're a little more visible in the top picture).

Well, I've enjoyed writing this post but it is time for me to move it, move it!! (Reel 2 Real style)

 

5 comments:

  1. This post makes me want to pull my fuel band out and charge it up! Thanks for the inspiration. Happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it Molly!! Especially when walking tours start up again... you'll rack up the points!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love love love this post!! And how you incorporated others ChiTown bloggers who have different versions of the Fitbit... so great. You totally just inspired to bite the bullet and buy one of these babies for myself. My brother has the Fitbit and I know he's as obsessed as you are!!

    Dana Ivy
    www.iadorewhatilove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana! I absolutely love it... tonight for example I jogged around my kitchen island while waiting for dinner to cook. Normally, I would have sat and scrolled through my phone. Each steps adds up and it'll be fun to keep tracking and measure activity. Let me know if you get it and we'll buddy up on the app!

      Delete
  3. I thought the same thing. I thought maybe cellulite was just hereditary, or caused from certain foods I was eating and maybe no way around it. But I proved myself wrong when I found Joey Atlas's video. It makes sense that if you do specific targeted exercises to the areas that your not happy with it. I noticed a difference in less than 2 weeks when I started to do these exercises every morning.
    fitness tracker.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover