Thursday, April 3, 2014

Ingredient of the Month // Peas


Peas Please! For April, our Ingredient of the Month is Peas. These delicious little vegetables are in season in the springtime and they pair beautifully with salty prosciutto.

I actually love the sweet taste of peas and I have a feeling that all month long I'll be prepping them as side dishes or as components in pasta dishes or salads. We enjoyed this dish with grilled chicken breast and I had the left-overs in a salad the next day!

Piselli al Prosciutto (Sweet Peas with Proscuitto)
via Saveur

  • 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 oz prosciutto, roughly chopped
  • 1 small white onion, minced
  • 1 lb fresh or frozen peas
  • salt & pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in a 12" skillet over medium heat. Add the prosciutto and onions and cook until the onions are soft and the prosciutto begins to crisp, about 6-7 minutes.

Add the peas and 1 tbsp water, cook tossing until hot and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover