Thursday, April 10, 2014

Go Blog Social Recap


Without getting to sappy, I'd just like to quickly share a little bit about blogging. I started blogging 6 years ago and it has, quite frankly, changed my life. Earlier this year I co-founded the Windy City Blogger Collective to bring bloggers in Chicago (and soon, everywhere) together and I also started a business consutling to bloggers. My world is blogging. So when my dear friend Kit Graham gave me the opportunity to be her plus one last weekend at a blogging conference; Go Blog Social in Kansas City, I jumped at the chance!




The weekend started on Thursday when we flew down to KC and settled in at the Phillips Hotel. We walked a few blocks to Axios Brasserie for a delicious French dinner of mussels, frites and red wine. The best part was meeting the owners towards the end of the night and discussing food, travel and family with them.



Friday morning the conference started and Nicole, Kit and I stopped for coffees and made our way to the Berg Event Space. The gals who organized Go Blog Social had an adorable set up for us with mason jars of bright flowers (complete with glittered water) and confetti at hightop tables which were perfect for getting in the mood for a day of blog talk!




Over the next two days we had the privilege hearing 14 talented bloggers and business people and each had something unique and valuable to say. Which just served to reinforce that every blogger truly has a unique voice and has value to add to the blogosphere. Jessica Merchant of How Sweet Eats, the very first speaker, started things by sharing a slide that said "Be You" and it was incredibly empowering to hear that message over and over again all weekend.




I might be hooked on blogger conferences! I love getting to know the girls (and guys) behind each blog because we each have such dynamic personalities and have so many things offer! I was inspired over and over again to elevate Color Me Styled. 


I know I've talked about a upcoming redesign and I'm getting closer and closer every day. I'm a perfectionist so I keep putzing with small things and might change it all up completely again before relaunching but I promise you'll still recognize the blog and I hope it offers an opportunity for me to bring more your way!

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you had such a fabulous time! I am hoping to attend my first conference in the next 12 months!
    Katharine
    www.paytington.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! It was super inspiring and a lot of fun!

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited to see what you learned and how you'll grow this next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tomissa! I've spent the last week putting together the plan and next week, the work will start! I'm targeting a re-launch on Color Me Styled's 2nd birthday... July 10!

      Delete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover