Friday, September 20, 2013

Color Me Styled - New Specs



I haven't gotten new glasses in years.  Like 4 or 5 years.  In that time I've developed my own personal style and trends in eyewear have changed.  It used to be so weird to have plastic frames, and now, it is almost all you see!



On Tuesday night I went to LensCrafters and began the search.  I circled the store and tried on several pairs.  Drew, the store manager, was helpful in the narrowing-down process by being 100% honest about how each pair looked!  After 15 minutes of browsing we had narrowed it down to 3 pairs and then sat down to use LC's myLook system.  It seems so simple but seeing yourself in each pair side-by-side was so helpful!


Once I had decided on this tortoise shell Chanel pair it was time to get them fitted.  Drew was incredibly informative about the technology and about how lenses are made.  LensCrafters has AccuFit technology which digitally measures basically everything about your eyes.  After the fit sensor is attached you put the pair on and the technology measures the location of your pupils and the spacing of your eyes and how both relate to your frames.  This technology is five times more accurate than manual measuring!




Once my frames were measured it was off to the in-store lab to have the lenses created.  I got a quick tour of how the lenses are grinded down and shaped for the frames and then got to go spend then rest of the hour browsing at all the shops at Clark and Diversey.  The pants I thought I wanted from Urban Outfitters didn't look as good on.  I wasn't in the mood to buy new boots either so I strolled and then made my way back into LC.

I am in love with my new frames and I think we found the perfect pair for me.  Drew mentioned that plastic frames are very popular but the most important thing about eyewear is to have a pair that you love.  Trends come and go but you should look good all the time!



Thank you to Drew, the technicians at the Clark Street store, and of course to LensCrafters for getting me set up in a new pair of specs that I adore!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover