Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Color Me Styled - Indian Summer

Color Me Styled - Indian Summer
Color Me Styled - Indian Summer by ebdaily

Early September is that wonderful time of year when it is too warm to have to be bundled up to the chin but it is appropriate to mix in fall colors.  It is a perfect time to showcase accessories in burnt oranges, oxbloods and tans.


This outfit is perfect for the office, a picnic, a bike ride, or a shopping trip.  I love the pink-yet-tan tone of this dot print pleated skirt from LOFT and the cut is incredibly flattering!  Then I'd mix the feminine skirt with a utility chambray shirt from J.Crew and top it with a blossom necklace from Anthropologie to strike the right tone.  

Scroll through your bloglovin feed in style with this bright and sassy Kate Spade case and when you're done toss it into an oxblood Cambridge Satchel Company bag.  I'm loving Essie's Twin Sweater Set nail polish but I'd also pop on a deep purple, bright orange or nude in a second... any would work!

What's even more fun is all the neon that is out there.  It would be totally OK to mix in a hot pink or neon orange into the mix.  Florals are also going to be big this fall and a fantastic way to incorporate the trend is with blooming baubles.  

Wait there's more!  Last year burgundy / oxblood / maroon (more synonyms via Lucky) was huge, and it back again.  It is a classic for fall but designers and retailers are featuring it everywhere.  Plus, the color is rather flattering to all skin tones (like a deep red lip) so you really can't go wrong.

Happy Indian Summer!



2 comments:

  1. I'm crazy about that polka dot skirt!
    And so very happy to hear that oxblood is still around this year. Woo. hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Molly! I have to remind myself when I last wore it because I want to put it on every day :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover