Thursday, September 12, 2013

Color Me Styled - Short and Sweet



Over Labor Day weekend we traveled to Destin, FL to celebrate a family wedding!  I knew it would be hotter than Chicago but thought that because we were right on the Gulf it wouldn't be too bad.


Boy was I wrong.  The air was thick, humid, and hot.  All day Friday we spent standing (and playing) in the pool.  By the time we were heading off to dinner the only thing I could think of putting on was, frankly, as little as possible.

Enter my romper from LOFT (find a similar one here).  I found this little lady on a lunch hour shopping trip and it was in my size (both number, AND in petite) and, the kicker, only $10.  

Who wouldn't buy it?!

This little piece served her purpose.  I was comfortable all evening long.  Since the romper is black I wore tortoise accessories (necklace, J.Crew (similar here), and bracelet, Design Darling).  I added a dose of color with Kate Spade's Magazine Clutch from last year.  You can get a similar look with their License Plate clutch.

I've worn this number with pumps, wedges, and, as was the case in Destin, T-strap sandals.  I would have loved to be able to wear it to the office in Chicago's heat earlier this week.  

What do you think?  Do you have a romper in your closet?  If not, why haven't you added one to your wardrobe?  Would you? 

Now that I've found my standard black romper, I am on the hunt for the perfect jumpsuit

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover