Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Color Me Bonita - Dove Hair Affair



Blow outs might be the most luxurious thing I can imagine. So when Dove came to Pioneer Plaza on Michigan Ave and was giving out free blow outs I couldn't pass up the opportunity!


It was the hottest day of the year so it wasn't exactly spa conditions but it still was lovely to have my hair washed and dried by the talented Kelly. 

I have to say the Dove products (shampoo, conditioner and styling moose) held up to the humidity even though those beautiful waves were pretty flat by the time I got back inside my office building. But my hair was still smooth and silky and stood up to the humidity for the rest of the day.

It is tempting during the summer to just throw my hair into a top knot but this blow dry proved that hair can be controlled and stay looking nice throughout the day. It just takes a bit of patience and the right products.

A moisturizing shampoo and conditioner start you on the right track then a heat protecting styling product or moose is your next best bet. Just not too much, you don't want to weigh your hair down. 

Then the next step is key. You have to dry your hair totally. All the way dry. Use a round brush if you're skilled enough. 

Once your hair is dry run through it with either a curling iron or flat iron on low-medium heat; just enough to put some movement and piece-y-ness throughout but not look like a Toddler In Tiaras cast member!

Run through with your fingers, lightly mist with hair spray and off you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover