Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Katie of Dream Till Green Styles Her Summer

Summer Style

Summer Style by katiegarton


Hey Color Me Styled Readers! I'm Katie of Dream Till Green (recently featured as one of Refinery 29's Up-and-Coming Blogs in Chicago) and my summer style is all about being relaxed, looking polished, and wearing lots of color and patterns. It's truly the time of year where no one's judging you for wearing 8 different colors and patterns in one look. The items I picked are a bit out of my price range, but in my dream world this is how I'd dress for the perfect summer day.

The piece de resistance of my outfit would be the floral punk patterned skirt from  J.Crew's Spring line. I'm pretty bummed that it's sold out, but I guess some things aren't meant to be. It's also a silk and wool blend so I wouldn't be able to wear it anyway (I'm cursed with a wool allergy..womp womp). If the odds were in my favor, I'd pair it with a simple white tee to keep it a little casual -- ohh, and we can't forget a pair of spandex shorts underneath to keep it bike-friendly. I think the blend of these two styles would make it easy to transition to any summer adventure -- going out on a date night, movie date, day drinking, a picnic, street fairing it up, etc..

For shoes, I picked a little bit of everything. Tom's are my favorite summer shoe. They're great for walking everywhere. The cobalt blue Joe's Jean Tina Strappy sandal is the perfect sandal for the summer and best for more dressy occasions. I also love the leopard print Kyoto sneaker for a more tomboy look -- I love wearing high tops with skirts and dresses. 

For accessorizing, I'd keep it simple. The Kate Spade New York Metro watch is simple and classic. It will go with all your colors and patterns for the summer. The pearl dial also gives it a little beachy vibe. I love the simple gold and silver chain too. It's another universal piece that will go with everything. If you're like me, summer time=lazy time. It's so hot that I don't really want to do anything, so if I can throw on the same accessory and still look cute, I'm doing it! I'd also throw in a head scarf to keep all the frizzy fly-aways at bay. Can you tell I'm a sucker for leopard and floral prints?

My dream items to own this summer are a new backpack and bike. Maybe not necessarily this backpack, but a nice patterned one. I only picked this one because it goes with the outfit and I love Herschel Supply backpacks. This bike though, I love it! Sign me up for a bright orange bike and I'll never need to spend a dime on a CTA pass again!

What do you think? The skirt may be a bit impractical because of the material, but hey, summer is about having fun and rockin' color clothes.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute summer style! Thanks for sharing :)

    Dana Ivy
    www.iadorewhatilove.com - Check me out!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover