Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Style Your Summer - Lauren of Chi Gal Lauren


Many thanks to Erin for inviting me to guest post here on Color Me Styled! I'm Lauren and I blog over at Chi Gal Lauren where I write about my foodie adventures along with a little travel, beauty, style, and life mixed in. Today, I'm going to be giving you a little insight into how I style my summer.
As soon as the warm, happy sun of summer starts peeking its head out here in Chicago I immediately begin thinking about COLOR. Out with 50 shades of grey and in with golden skin and bright accessories!
First things first, sunscreen is a must. The sun may make you warm and happy but I'm pretty sure that nobody is a fan of accelerated aging, sunspots, scars and skin cancer. I apply a lightweight sunscreen like Shiseido's Extra Smooth Sun Protection Lotion every day, liberally and regularly, even when I'm not going to be in direct sunlight. With all-star products like the St. Tropez bronzing mousse and Laura Mercier's baked bronzing powder, you don't need the sun to get a beautiful, natural looking glow! Keep your faux glow longer (and smell amazing while doing it) with a great moisturizer like Moroccan Oil Body Soufflé and make your lips pop with my favorite saucy red lipstick, NARS Heat Wave. Choose classic accessories with a twist like this straw clutch with gold handles from Michael Kors, these brown woven wedges from Sperry, and this colorful bib necklace from Stella & Dot (which, by the way, is even more beautiful in person). Tie it all together with a bright, simple dress and consider yourself set for summer!

1 comment:

  1. I've always been too nervous to try a "saucy red lipstick" but the one you've included is amazing!! Also, love those Sperry wedges- I'm sure they are super comfy!

    Check out my summer essentials- www.iadorewhatilove.com

    XO
    Dana Ivy

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover