Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Color Me Styled - Oscar Red Carpet Roundup

Jennifer Lawrence in Christian Dior at the Oscar Ceremony and Calvin Klein for the Vanity Fair after party
(image via Fab Sugar)

My favorite look of the whole night is Jennifer Lawrence's Vanity Fair party dress! It is the perfect outfit for the Golden Gal. She does look stunning in her Christian Dior gown and I love the texture of the fabric. 

My favorite Oscar red carpet look was Samantha Barks in Valentino. It was the perfect balance of sultry and classic. Her hair and makeup were done perfectly to compliment it as well.

Samantha Barks in Valentino (image here)
My final favorite was Amy Adams in Oscar de la Renta. The dove grey color was perfect for her. It didn't wash her out or over power her porcelain skin. It was a lot of dress but Amy carried it perfectly!

Amy Adams in Oscar de la Renta (image here)
For a few honorable mentions I'd like to give credit to Reese Witherspoon in Louis Vuitton, Jennifer Garner in Gucci and Emmanuelle Riva in Lanvin.

Reese, Jen and Emmanuelle (images via Huffington Post)

I liked a lot of other dresses but was in general underwhelmed to be honest. I think stars tried to combine old holywood glamour and the edgier fashions of late (cut outs for example) and it just ended with a hodgepodge effect on me.  I won't even spend time on the major misses of the night except to mention them. Anne, Salma and Zoe. I think the idea was there it was just poorly executed. Anne was washed out, boxy and chilly. Salma was overpowered and also kind of boxy. Zoe should have picked one element; less is more.


1 comment:

  1. Jennifer Lawrence was also my favorite! She is so pretty and elegant.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover