Thursday, January 24, 2013

Color Me Jetset - Weekender Envy

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Friday morning I am jetting off for a trip to the Big Apple! While there we will be exploring new areas of the city, visiting friends in Brooklyn and toasting my Golden Birthday! (Hint. It is on Sunday)

While I am always tempted to pack the biggest suitcase possible with all sorts of outfits, hair tools and cosmetics it is incredibly liberating to pack in a weekender style that only fits the outfits I need and a spare pair of shoes.

I have two trusty weekender bags and for this trip I'll be taking the one that Danny brings out of storage. But they both are simple duffel bags which let me move quickly through the airport. (Read: I'm usually running late for flights)

Plus it never hurts to get used to packing in one small bag for when I have my private jet to take me wherever I fancy for the weekend. 

Honestly though, I recommend packing light for several reasons. First, as long as you have travel size shampoo you can carry on which saves you cash and time. Second you save yourself the worry about stressing over which outfit to wear because you haven't over packed. And finally, your travel partner will appreciate not needed to rent one of those luggage carts for your 2 day getaway.

When you're travelling in the winter it is key to look at weather reports before you go and pack appropriately. The same rules still stand and outfits can be made different simply by changing a hair style or your accessories. 

I'll be instagramming my way through the weekend and using the hashtag "EBGBNYC" (EB's Golden Birthday in NYC) so you can follow along with my adventures! And if you recommend any places to eat breakfast let me know!



1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday... Have a blast, I'll be living through your adventure on Instagram! xoxo!

    --ct

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover