Monday, December 31, 2012

Color Me Styled - Rockin' NYE

Color Me Styled - Rockin' NYE


Color Me Styled - Rockin' NYE by ebdaily featuring faux leather leggings

To celebrate a rockin' New Year's Eve in honor of Dick Clark this year, and because we couldn't pass up the opportunity, Danny and I are headed to a Third Eye Blind concert tonight at the House of Blues Chicago!

Normally for NYE I am one of the gaggle of gals who wear tiny sparkly dresses with no tights and no coat because coat checks are a hassle on a night like this. And I have to admit, my lack of regard for the temperatures on January 1st was appropriate for the year we went out, couldn't find a cab home in the snow, made our way to a pizza place before finding the train and then singing Madonna with the transvestite in a fur coat that we met.

But now, as a much more practical adult, I'll be wearing faux leather leggings, a tank top and black pumps. My phone and wallet will be kept safely in a wristlet (with a strap). I'll wear non-sparkly yet smokey eye shadow with a  deep red lip. And I'll have punky pink streaks in my hair.

I could barely resist all of the studded shoes and tops out there but knowing me and my style they'd just sit in my closet unused after tomorrow. Shoes deserve to be loved and used often.

And... I will be wearing a coat since Chicago temps are supposed to be a balmy 19 degrees (feels like 8).


I hope you all have a fantastic night celebrating 2012 and CHEERS to 2013!

2 comments:

  1. Kind of jealous of your "punky pink streaks!" I'm seriously considering them in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was super fun to have for one night... the chalk stuff is great! I don't think I am legit enough to actually do it permanently!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover