Thursday, September 27, 2012

Color Me Domestic - Shortcut Cake Pops



Cake Pops are becoming more and more popular. Mostly because they can be customized to fit any theme you might have. They can be made in any flavor cake you like too.

But have you ever tried to make them without the fancy cake pop pans? 

I have... it was a major fail.

I did the bake a cake, let it cool and then crumble it with some frosting method and they turned out mushy. The chocolate candy coating worked well but the pops were very heavy and didn't stand up on the sticks.

Then I got to thinking, and trolling the internet, and I found this little trick.

Use doughnut holes!


The plain cake doughnut holes will work best. And the process is pretty simple. I suggest dipping each lollipop stick into the candy coating or frosting and sticking it into the doughnut hole first and letting it "dry" before frosting the rest of the doughnut hole.

We found Styrofoam blocks at Michael's crafts and the lollipop sticks (also found at Michael's... the Wilton Cake section) stick into the block easily. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover