Monday, October 1, 2012

Color Me Trendy - Monogrammed Velvet Slippers

New to J.Crew this fall are Stubbs & Wootton classic velvet slippers. These luxurious flats pair perfectly with A-Line skirts, cuffed jeans and cropped trousers. You can even up the ante by ordering a customized pair... for $900.




Coveting this style led me to try a DIY when I found these Mossimo Vianca flats from Target (similar ones from Dorthy Perkins). Then all I needed was some puff paint and I was on my way.



I love monograms. They've helped me to adopt my married name and I've got them on jewelry, shirts, bags and now... shoes! I free-handed a simple cursive "eb" on each toe. One is a bit bigger than the other, but I did it myself so I'm not complaining!



Then there was a little strip on the back of the shoes that was just asking to become a racing stripe. 



And now I have a whole bottle of neon pink puffy paint...

I'm not upset about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover