Thursday, May 29, 2014

to market to market...


It is Farmer's Market season everyone! This is the time of year to get local produce, meats and artisan goods directly from the people who produce them. I love everything about Farmer's Markets, fresh air, the fresh produce, the fresh flowers. I'm excited to start visiting them every week this summer so in the next few days I've got to stock up on the essentials. An easy dress, strappy flats, colorful sunnies and the perfect market tote.

For an easy dress I'm looking for something like a shirt dress or a shift in a lightweight cotton. The shape, the fabric and the pockets in the Viet Dress from Emerson Fry make it the perfect piece for market visits. Since you need to carry your goods home I try to take just a wristlet or coin purse so being able to slip that into one of the dress pockets is ideal. I don't see the point in trying to teeter around the market in anything besides flat sandals like the Won't Stop from Seychelles Footwear. If it is muddy I'll wear an old pair of Toms to help protect my pedicure!

I'm also trying to take better care of my skin so all summer long, not just at the market, I'll be covering my face with floppy hats and visors. To protect my arms and legs I'll be using a few spritzes of Clarins Sun Care Oil Spray on the way out the door. I'll also be wearing sunglasses all the time. I honestly couldn't decide between the Ray-Ban Wayfayer Liteforce in Violet, the Ray-Ban Rare Prints in Green or the stunning Dolce & Gabbana Mosaico Collection with Murano glass on the temples. You can take your pick, or just get all three.

I would keep jewelry focused to one area and either stack a bunch of bracelets and bangles (the ones pictured are from baublebar and kate spade), layer 3 or 4 long necklaces or pile on the midi rings so you don't overpower the effect of the simple dress and shoes or draw attention from your beautiful bounty.

Speaking of, stash your fresh produce and blooms in the BYAMT Leather Strap Tote Bag. The liner is cotton, and removable, so you can just toss it in the wash with your dishtowels between trips.

Do you have a favorite Farmer's Market? The one in Daley Plaza on Thursdays is always nice and it is a treat to go to the Green City Market on Saturdays in Lincoln Park. I'm excited for the Farmer's Market to dictate what I make for lunch and dinner (the meals will almost always be posted on instagram if I don't post them as a recipe here!)



2 comments:

  1. I love going to the Farmer's Market down in the Rivermarket in Kansas City! I'm hoping that I get a chance to go this weekend!

    26 and Not Counting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so fun and the food cannot be beat. I visited one today and the radishes and loaf of bread I brought home were phenomenal!

      Delete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover