Tuesday, January 28, 2014

101 in 1001 Progress Report

 

Yesterday was my 28th birthday which means I've got 2 years left until the end of my 101 in 1001 challenge!

Since I'm not doing my New Years resolution updates this year I'll make an effort to update you on my progress more often!
 
So, here's what I've crossed off my list so far:
 
10. D-SLR camera - sort of. We researched and bought the Samsung NX300 in June. It is a mirror less camera which means it isn't a single lens reflex (SLR) camera but offers the same range of functionality in a smaller body. I haven't ventured outside of auto mode yet but I am excited to learn more about photography!
 
27. Blow dry my hair everyday for a month - last month I got bangs so this became a necessity! Every time I washed my hair I blew it dry and often also straightened it! I'm going on to two months now :]
 
49. Get new glasses - I had so much fun working with LensCrafters on this one! Remember?
 
52. Host a Blogger Event - done and done! I started in September with my first craft night at Langford Market, then a second one in November. In between those I co-hosted happy hours and have now started the Windy City Blogger Collective and that means we've got events all the time!
 
62. Try a BYOB Craft Class - I've now been painting twice! Bottle n Bottega (see the finished product hanging in my gallery wall) and last night we painted at Arts n Spirits!

64. Do a DIY project per month - I'm close on this one and plan to stick to it going forward! You can check out all of my Color Me Crafty posts.

76. Stick to my Christmas gift budget - it wasn't easy but it felt good!

83. 5 new cities - Northport, MI - New Buffalo, MI (twice) - Destin, FL - Door County, WI

4 comments:

  1. Happy (belated) birthday!! Hope you did something great... I just signed up for the Windy City Blogger Collective! Woohoo

    Dana Ivy
    www.iadorewhatilove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana! We did a BYOB Painting Party and it was so much fun! And I'm so glad you hear you've signed up for WCBC! I hope to see you at an event soon - welcome aboard!

      Delete
  2. I'm so impressed by 27! It is something I struggle with- I'm the queen of walking out the door with partially wet hair or just styling the front. SO BAD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie!! I am notorious for it. But I was looking around at other girls who have it done every day (like parted and curled) and told myself that I need to do it too. I must say that it does make you feel better and that I always have a clip or hair tie in my purse!

      Delete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover