Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Color Me Styled - Riding on the Edge

OOTD-RidingBoots-Chicago-Color Me Styled-Style


I remember wanting to learn how to ride horses when I was younger but really, as I reflect on it now, it was more about the fashion.

But who can blame me?  Those leggings, the hats (okay, helmets), and the riding jackets are too much!  Oh, and how can we forget the boots.

And, since it brings visions of wealth and countryside to mind it is a pretty classy style choice.  I wore my equestrian best when I went out for a lunch date with Sara of Project Soiree who gets the photographer credits.



OOTD-JewelryStacking-Chicago-Color Me Styled-Style


To add some edge to the ensemble I stacked on the jewelry.  The necklace is c/o Milk and Honey Boutique, I stocked up on stacks and midi rings from Urban Outfitters and Francesca's, and that is my standby Marc by Marc Jacobs watch.  The large gold bracelet (left) is from Langford Market Diversey and the one stacked with my watch has been a part of my life for so long that I honestly cannot remember where I got it!


OOTD-RidingBoots-Chicago-Color Me Styled-Style


Blazer is ages old and from Banana Republic but I've found a lot of really good ones at Nordstrom too.  The top is a very summery one that I found on sale months ago but I'm wearing winter-weight leggings to keep warm because it is darn cold outside.  The bag is a Longchamp Le Pliage  Medium Tote and my boots are, also very old, from Nine West.

The best part about this outfit is how ridiculously comfortable it is!  What do you think?  Would you wear this for a lunch date?  Or maybe to the office?  Are you a fan of stacked jewelry or are you over it?  Talk to me in the comments below, or comment on Facebook, or tweet to me!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love all your jewelry - that statement necklace and that stunning right hand ring! My horse riding days consisted of pink cowboy boots and some old lee jeans (likely with an elastic waist)...not quite the tailored equestrian look you envisioned ;)

    Tiffany
    www.StyleSidebar.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany!! This outfit was fun to put together and to mix that edgy with the preppy side. My horse riding days too were ages ago and I don't even think I had pink cowboy boots! It was all about summer camp so I wore tennis shoes and a baseball cap most likely.

      Delete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover