Thursday, October 3, 2013

Color Me Styled - Layers, and Blocking, and Boots! Oh my!



Usually I have to put a fair amount of thought into outfits.  But, this one came so naturally I can't explain it.

I knew as soon as soon as I was grabbing my bag to go out the door that I had to get Sara on board to take an outfit post at lunch.  And she didn't let me down.

In fact, we did a double feature!  My outfit, shopping habits, and closet essentials are over on What R U Wearing today!



I got this dress on an impulse without anything in mind for where to wear it.  Sometimes those pieces sit in my closet forever because I can't find a purpose, but this one has gotten a lot of use.  It is a lightweight blend and the colors are just enough to be different without being over-the-top.

Then we make our way to my boots.  These are my old stand-bys and you can tell, they're in need of some major TLC.  But to put a little twist on the standard riding boot I wore my knee highs and let them peek out just a bit at the top.  I'm a huge fan of that look!



Since it was a workday I threw on my blazer and scarf to finish the outfit off.  And, like always, I stacked on the bracelets!  I kept the bracelets in the grey and silver family to play off the neutral and ice blue hues in the dress. The piping incorporated the blazer and that scarf was like made for this dress too!  The colors couldn't have been more perfect.

The closet angels were smiling on me that day!


2 comments:

  1. Super cute dress, love the way you styled it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Monica!! It is such an easy dress to wear!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover