Thursday, August 15, 2013

Color Me Trendy - Gallery Goodness


Spend more than 3 minutes on Pinterest lately? Then you've probably seen a gallery wall or four.

I've been a fan of gallery walls for years. My high school bedroom had bright blue racing stripes with a gallery of post cards, small prints, and cards all in infinity/floating frames. I'd die for pictures of it. Alas, I wasn't blogging in high school so it never dawned on me to document it!

But now I'm all grown up with an apartment of my own (okay, our own) and the gallery wall has been re-incarnated. Again the collection is in the bedroom but this time it is more personal, more sophisticated and much more subtle.

A few of my favorite things


Gallery walls are a way to show off your favorite things in one place. Our gallery wall is our favorite quotes and sayings and pictures of us and our families.

The staggered shelves and having one piece on the dresser help to create focus in a large space but still fills the large wall without feeling busy. I'd say, unless all of your images are the same size, staggering and layering your pieces is the best way to make your gallery wall look cultivated but not too perfect. This way you can swap out pieces whenever you want!



My gallery images are all different sizes and so I created some symmetry with my books. I've stacked them to create a solid block that is about the same height as the drawer/shelf that holds my necklaces and our alarm clock.

Looking at the picture now I wish I would have stopped for a bouquet of flowers for that Waterford vase I keep on my dresser!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover