Thursday, August 1, 2013

Color Me Styled - Resolution Check In #7


image via instagram

 
Well another month has come and gone. We are now well into the 2nd half of 2013! 
First check in is about our family finances. And I'm happy to report that we are still staying within budget. We revisited the budget when I got my new job and that allowed us to really look at the first half of the year to see where we did well and what buckets we needed to improve on. But July didn't send us any major surprises so I'm hoping August follows suit.
 
The new job slash career path is going well. It is almost a 100% change from what I was doing before and I faced some challenges but my manager has been wonderful to work with. She and I have devised a strategy to correct some of the mistakes I was making and over the last week things have improved. It is amazing to work with a group of dedicated, hardworking people who are passionate about Advancement (fundraising, community relations, strategic plans). I am learning a ton and I really couldn't ask for more!
 
Next check in is about my continued weight loss. I was down, down then up and again down this week so I'm going to say that I broke even. I'll take it. I did yoga in the morning for about 3 days, then slept in for the 4th of July and never did AM yoga again. I'm learning that I am an everyday or never kind of exerciser. That's not a terrible thing as long as I get back onto the everyday path.
 
My mini resolutions to dry my hair, take off make up, go to bed at the same time, and get back to set all got a B this month. I was pretty good about it but wasn't every day.
 
I did some blogging promotion ground work that should work its way to a post in the next month or two. I don't want to spoil it!
 
August starts to get more busy for us again. We are traveling or have visitors every weekend until Labor Day. They're all fun and celebratory things so I'm not complaining at all but busy usually means I fall behind in personal items like resolutions (and especially weight loss).
 
I hope you've exceeded your expectations for the first half of the year and are taking the second half by charge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover