Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Color Me Styled - CMS Turns One!!


Oh, they grow up so fast don't they?! 

Tomorrow will be Color Me Styled's first birthday. It has been such a fun year and I can't wait to keep this baby rollin.





To celebrate I made a funfetti cake (as if there is any other kind) and using Pinterest for inspiration, made it a "naked" cake. This might be the only way I decorate cakes from now on. It was a little tricky to trim the sides off but there was no worrying about getting icing all over the cake stand or making it look evenly spread, yet alone pretty, all down the sides.

Plus, this left at least one spoonful of frosting left over.


I am working on my "Eat-On-Camera" skills because nothing I did made it look natural. But that huge slice of cake was enjoyed shared between Danny (my photographer) and I. He encouraged me to start a second blog a year and a half ago (Daily E has been out there for 4 years) and after 6 months of planning Color Me Styled hit the web. I have big dreams for this little blog!

I wanted to share more recipes, style guidance, skin care advice and make it a place for informed discussions/opinions. She's getting there. 

Thank you! Thank you for reading as often as you do! I love hearing from our readers via comments (below), on Facebook, or on Twitter.

2 comments:

  1. I randomly stumbled upon Color Me Styled a few weeks ago and have been following ever since! Keep up the good work ;)

    Xo
    Dana Ivy
    www.iadorewhatilove.com - Check out my (Chicago) blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations girl! Keep up the amazing posts!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover