Friday, June 14, 2013

Style Your Summer - Lindsay of The Garden Apt.



Hi! I'm honored that Erin has asked me to post for Color Me Styled! When I think about my summer, I feel like the warm weather in Chicago makes it a lot easier for me to live a more sustainable smarter life. So, in a snapshot, this is how I style my summer...

Resale Dress - As from my month of dress challenges, I definitely do not need any more dresses, but a bulk of my dresses have been purchased at Crossroads and Second Time Around - resale shops on the north side of Chicago. I always find good finds, usually under $20.

Wedges - I've committed myself to heels, and I definitely didn't realize how comfortable wedges could be.

Garden - My outdoor garden has been planted - fresh herbs, a couple of plants, etc. Love going to Gethsemane Gardens (buying local) to get plants for my garden apt.

Antique Markets? Yes! Outside? Yes! Great finds! Yes! Always encouraging my creativity

Local Jewelry - I'm a big supporter of local jewelry makers - my favorite being Alicia Mohr of Ali's Collection. These earrings are perfect with everything for my summer. 

Reupholstery Projects - I've got two chairs that I plan to reupholster this summer as well as a few other pieces of furniture that I'm going to paint. Pictures on the blog soon!

Vintage Bag - I love my Samsonite messenger bag that I bought off of Etsy. It is perfect for work: I can put all my goodies in it for post work or workout. Goes with everything, and it is sturdy.

Sunscreen - I'm a pale lady, and sun damage sucks. So each day I lather up on my SPF.

Sunglasses - Staring at a computer all day does enough damage to my eyes, I always wear some sunglasses to protect them.

My bike - There is nothing I love more than riding my bike around this city - to work, to dinner, to friends houses, to bars, to concerts. I absolutely love riding around. I always remember to wear a helmet and stop at stop signs!!!


Well, that's how I style my summer. It also includes trying a compost pile, farmer's markets and lots of reading, but you can check out those kinds of things at my blog as I detail the positive and negative experiences of trying to reduce my carbon impact! And of course, thank you, Erin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover