Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Color Me Trendy - Because It's The Cup

Madison Street after the Blackhawks Stanley Cup Win on June 24th, 2013

The Chicago Blackhawks brought the cup home last night and I had another post scheduled but am making a quick late-night editorial update. Hashtag, BecauseIt'sTheCup.

Hockey is an incredibly exciting sport and if you think it isn't fun because it is low scoring come and watch a game with me. You'll be a changed fan. It is a quick and dynamic game that requires an incredible amount of talent (these boys are on ice skates in case you forgot). 

If you ask me Corey Crawford should have won the MVP award but I am glad it was awarded to Kane. And if you base this on stats alone the Bruins should have walked away with it a few games ago but my Blackhawks didn't quit and gave me a heart attack but pulled through.

I had all but given up on a game 6 victory but once again my boys stuck to it and skated like crazy in the last period. When the game finished our neighborhood erupted and within 30 minutes we were on the streets with them! And the parties didn't slow down until well after Midnight. 

There will be more on the Cup Celebrations over the next few weeks. Get excited, it is the most difficult championship in sports. 

1 comment:

  1. #GoHawks!


    Xo
    Dana Ivy
    www.iadorewhatilove.com - Check out my (Chicago) blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover