Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Color Me Domestic - Shortbread Tea Cookies



On my 101 in 1001 list is to memorize a cookie recipe and while I haven't memorized one quite yet this one is in the running. These Citrus Tea Shortbread Cookies are so easy and are super delicious!

I found these originally on Pinterest and they are originally from npr.org. The page has several cookie recipes that incorporate tea.

This is the only recipe I've tried from the page but I am naturally drawn to citrus flavors so it was the first I wanted to try. I think the Chocolate Chai ones sound yummy too.  


Shortbread Tea Cookies
Ingredients
 - 2 cups all-purpose flour
 - 4 teaspoons lemon herb or lemon ginger tea
 - 1/2 teaspooon salt
 - 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
 - 1/2 cup sugar
 - 1 teaspoon lemon extract
 - 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Process
In a small bowl, combine flour, tea and salt. 

In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Beat in lemon and vanilla extracts.

With the mixer on low, gradually add in flour mixture. Mix until just blended (do not over mix). Chill dough for at least 30 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

Roll out dough between two pieces of plastic wrap to 1/4 inch thick. Using a 2 inch cookie cutter, cut out cookies and place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Reroll scraps and recut.

Bake 12 to 13 minutes, until cookies are pale gold, not brown. Let stand for 2 minutes and then carefully transfer to wire racks to cool.

Store in an airtight container, preferably between layers of waxed paper.

This recipe should make about 3 dozen 2 inch cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover