Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Color Me Styled - 20 Degree Temperature Swings


Chicago just can't make up its mind. It is one thing to swing from hot to cold every other day but lately she's been doing it all in one! This makes "what to wear" tricky because when you leave it could be in the 40s and then a few hours later we're pushing 70 degrees.

The key? Layers. But not just for the look, for the sake of temperature control. In the morning you'll need to be wearing a light / medium weight sweater or cardigan with a trench coat and a scarf. By late afternoon you can ditch the coat and scarf as needed. 

My spring-time go to pants are always crops. You get to taste what it is like to wear shorts without having to apply gobs and gobs of self tanner. Plus you get to show off your cute flats too!

Other spring essential... the bubble umbrella. I adore mine and can't believe that I've lived so long without it. The bubble umbrella stands up to wind and keeps you dry down to your shoulders at least!

Final spring essential, the Longchamp Le Pliage bag. The body is made of vinyl with leather detail. This means it dries instantly and it even folds up small so these bags are wonderful for travel. It is an investment bag but if you get it in black or in camel it'll be a staple in your wardrobe for years to come.

I featured a lot of different brands in the set above and I'm not going to list each item out because it is more about what to wear than that you wear these specific pieces. If you want to know what any of them are just shoot me a line or leave me a comment!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover