Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Color Me Trendy - I don't understand UGGS

My Sorels were made for walking in the snow! (image via DailyE)

For the last 7 or 8 years UGGS have been the boot of choice for young women everywhere... except me.

I just don't understand them.

I've mentioned before that I typically choose practical over style (except for my stiletto boots I wore to dinner last night in the slushy snow of Chicago) but I do not understand how UGGS are even stylish?!

They're totally flat, wide and hit at the largest part of your calf making your ankles look like big tree trunks.

Plus... they're cloth so they are going to soak up all the slushy snow and grime on the sidewalks which I imagine produces quite the pungent stench.

I just don't understand why these are the footwear of choice when there are so many other more practical AND more stylish options.

Last winter I purchased a pair of Joan of the Arctic Sorel boots and I am in love with them. They are warm, water-proof and stylish! 

A great pair of Hunter boots with the fleece welly socks is another great winter option that will serve you well into April Showers.

Our girl Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge is a fan of Le Chameau boots. And I'm not about to question her choice in footwear.

Now, I don't want to totally come out against UGGs... they do have their place. I love a cozy slipper as much as the next. I would gladly sport those on a Sunday night by the fire.


2 comments:

  1. So excited you've had a reason to wear them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sing it girl! I have been asking my sisters this question each winter for the past 7 or 8 years! Every fall my Mom asks for our Christmas lists and each year my sisters ask for a new pair of Uggs. Why? Because their pair from last year is ruined after they had the audacity to wear them in the winter weather of Cleveland, OH. My poor mother's checkbook! Pun Intended!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover