Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Color Me Styled - Orange Carpet Glamour

Orange Carpet Glamour

Orange Carpet Glamour by ebdaily


The Academy Awards are on Sunday and I am going to my first ever, official, Oscar Party complete with an orange carpet, cocktails and swag bags! 

I'm beyond excited.

The party is at Nellcote on Randolph street which is about to celebrate it's first birthday and I am proud to say Danny and I were there opening week! It is a swanky space, modeled after a French chateau in a Rolling Stones video, complete with chandeliers, marble floors and pillars and the prettiest bathroom I've ever used.

But beyond the space there is a delicious menu of homemade pastas with flour milled on site, perfectly cooked meats and fish and desserts that beg you to order seconds. All while polishing off kitchen cocktails that are mixed up in the back. 

Nellcote is the perfect spot for a ladies night out or a double date or an Oscar Party! 

I plan to wear the dress above. It is the 'Sport' Silky Maxi from Leith and it has a draping feature on the back that really excites me. I'll strut my stuff in gold pointy toe pumps. Depending on where the dress falls I might gather the skirt to one side to create a slit effect that isn't too risque. 

The other bloggers and I at the party will be tweeting and posting about our favorite gowns during the E Red Carpet coverage. Since I have a tendency to play with my hair when it is down I will be swooping it up into a top knot to keep it out of my hands. Then my makeup will be natural like HRH Kate's. 

I may not end up winning best dressed but I'll feel confident and like myself. I had thought to wear capri pants with a blouse but decided that would be too casual. If the new black dress doesn't fit I'll wear a LBD I already own or a little pink dress I have worn to other cocktail parties. 

If I could get my hands on the cash to purchase the Lulu Guinness Kiss Clutch I'd probably keep it under my pillow so I was always near to it! Instead I'll use one of my many reliable purses to pack my lip stick, camera and extra phone charger.

Since I have not seen one of the movies nominated, I'm looking forward to meeting other Chicago Bloggers at the party. I've got a whole stack of business cards ready to distribute and hope to take a lot of pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover