Friday, February 1, 2013

Color Me Styled - A Coat A Day

A Coat A Day




Our weather has been all over the board in the last two weeks. We've seen the coldest and the warmest temperatures of the year (record setting on the warm side). We've seen rain and sleet and snow and sunshine.

But what has bothered me the most is the question "what coat should I wear?"

Luckily I've got a guide. 

It is important to dress in layers throughout the year because temperatures can vary anywhere you are. Starbucks can be 90 degrees or 40. The train or bus could also be hot or cold.

When the air temperature is above 45 degrees - aka there is no wind - you are  safe to wear your cotton-twill trench coat. It is a good idea to keep light gloves and a scarf in your bag just in case.

When the weatherman (or your phone) tell you it is going to be between 30 and 45 degrees your wool coat is best. It will keep you warm and block more wind than cotton-twill will. In addition to your gloves and scarf pack ear warmers!

And finally, for me personally, anything under 30 degrees calls for the heavy stuff. I wear a down coat. Down blocks the wind and the cold and will keep your body toasty. I usually opt for mittens and a stocking cap when temps are this chilly. 

The best rule of thumb is to think like your Mom. Would she let you out of the house with that thin of a coat on? You can always unzip a bit but you can't bundle up more once you're on your way. With temperatures on our phones take note if you are feeling warm or chilly and adjust your coat selection accordingly.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover