Friday, January 11, 2013

Color Me Styled - Lady Heroes


Tina Fey & Amy Poehler (image via Golden Globes)

Sunday night these lady heroes of mine (and many others) will be hosting the 70th Golden Globe Awards. A classy award show where stars get to sit around and nosh and sip and see what the competition looks like close up for the Oscars

It might surprise you but I have not seen one movie on the list for any awards this year. The long running joke is that I get to see one movie a year in theaters and I usually use it in January to see one of the nominees. Typically what happens is the netflix queue is loaded with all of the nominees when they are released to DVD in another 6-9 months.

I will defer to Molly of A Foreign Land and her AcadeMolly selections and try to form my opinions based on the winners from the People's Choice Awards and the clips of the movies from the Globe and SAG awards.

Why do I watch all the award shows you might ask? Well the fashion for one. I love seeing what the stars' stylists choose for them and whether I agree with the selections. Should she have worn her hair up? Why oh why was yellow the right choice for this starlet?!

And this year, I'll be watching to see Tina Fey and Amy Poehler rock the house. I adore TIMY (pronounced tee-mee) and have ever since they started on SNL. To me good comedians are brilliant people with the killer combination of charm and silliness. And TIMY embody just that... with the added bonus of being awesome gals! I was delighted when I heard TIMY would be hosting and I can't wait for Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover