Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Color Me Domestic - Saucy Poached Eggs


I adore eggs. I love them cooked any way with nearly any topping. So when I found this recipe for Spaghetti Sauce Poached Eggs I couldn't pass it up.

When you are cooking for one or two a whole jar of spaghetti sauce is way too much for the small portions of pasta cooked. Typically I end up with 4 open jars in my refrigerator. This is a fantastic way to use up sauce during the same week it was opened.

Spaghetti Sauce Poached Eggs
Ingredients:
 - left over spaghetti sauce (figure 1/3 cup per egg)
 - eggs 
 - extra veggies in your fridge

Process:
Heat a medium sized frying pan to medium and saute your extra veggies in just a little bit of olive oil or butter for about 5 minutes. Add in appropriate amount of spaghetti sauce for the number of eggs being cooked and heat it for about 3 minutes while stirring the sauce in the pan.

Using the back of a spoon create a small cradle in sauce and crack one egg into it. Repeat for each egg. Season all eggs with salt and pepper and cover the pan to cook.

Medium to hard cooked eggs will take about 6 minutes - if you prefer a runnier egg try 4 minutes or until the white part is no longer transparent.

Serve with toast or english muffins or whatever you've got!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover