Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Color Me Domestic - Basil Orange Muffins



Since fall is upon us and temperatures have reached the dreaded "frost" level for outdoor herb plants it is time to bring them inside. Once I had my basil plant sitting on the counter I suddenly wanted to use it in everything. So I added fresh basil to a store-bought muffin mix and the result was delicious!


I was torn between this Cranberry Orange mix and Blueberry mix but decided to go with these. I think either would have been tasty.


All you needed to add to this mix was water! Which made the little guys super easy to make and also fat free.


The result was an herby and sweet muffin that was good morning, noon and night!

Other combinations to consider would be rosemary and lemon or adding herbs to a cornbread / corn muffin mix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover