Friday, October 5, 2012

Color Me Styled - Running Music


The Chicago Marathon is this weekend and it is such a fun event to be a part of. Oh, no, I am not running... I put a little too few miles in before my Soldier Field 10 Miler this May and same for the Rock and Roll Half Marathon in August 2010 to ever run a marathon. I don't have the dedication.

But... I do have an appreciation for the athletes who do compete in the event and since moving to the West Loop I have been able to watch the race from the comfort of my balcony. Usually with sweat pants, mimosas and eggs. 

But, the city has a fun beat to it this weekend and it is amazing to see the over 45,000 runners hit the pavement of our beloved city. The commuter paper, Red Eye, featured running songs this morning. 

And yes, I fell guilty to mistaking "'thon songs" with "thong song" in my pre-coffee-walking-to-the-train mental state. I'm a sucker for Sisqo. 

Red Eye recommends these 10 great running songs. 
  1. Higher Ground by Red Hot Chili Peppers
  2. Tell Em by Sleigh Bells
  3. 45:33 by LCD Soundsystem
  4. Circles by Incubus
  5. Metatron by The Mars Volta
  6. You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar, But I Feel Like A Millionaire by Queens of the Stone Age
  7. B.O.B. by Outkast
  8. Jump Man by Buckethead
  9. Everlong by Foo Fighers
  10. D is for Dangerous by Arctic Monkeys


I love Sleigh Bells and go to their music often for pick-me-ups. Then actually an article on Christmas Shopping from Real Simple got me thinking about the type of music to run to. They say that songs with beats faster than your heart beat will keep you going and moving while you tackle the mall. It must work for exercise too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover