Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Color Me Styled - Place Mats Reinvented


When I moved to California after graduation I had a queen sized air bed. Not just an air mattress, but a queen sized bed. Since I wasn't in a position to actually buy bedroom furniture I had to get creative in order to get "the look" that I wanted for my first solo place.

What did I do? I bought three $1.50 place mats from Pier 1 and hung them above my bed instead of a headboard. 

Fast forward 4 years and I have settled enough to own bedroom furniture (albeit IKEA) but I still use the ole place mat trick for decorating in our bathroom.



The ones I've hung in our bathroom are from Crate and Barrel and for just $9.95 each they're much more affordable than actual art! 

Chilewich Cubic Gunmetal Place Mat



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover