Tuesday, June 24, 2014

DIY Paper Wall Art


Paper crafts are really my most favorite thing. I could cut out and glue paper all day if given the chance! We recently moved one of our gallery wall pieces to a different gallery wall leaving a gap so I used some fancy paper from Paper Source and a dowel I had from a big fail DIY project I tried earlier this month to create a geometric wall art piece. It probably took me longer to pick out the papers than it did to do the whole project!











DIY Paper Cut Out Wall Art
You'll need:
Decorative Paper
Cut Out Form
Scissors
Thread or fishing line
Clear Tape
Dowel (either wood or metal)
Wall Hooks or Screw Eyes

How to:
Download and Print out the Hexagon form (available here) or create your own stencil. Trace out your form along the back of the decorative paper and cut out traced pieces. Layout pieces in desired pattern. I used two different papers and each had uneven edges. For a few of the shapes I layered two pieces of paper to show off the uneven/natural edges of the papers I used. If you do this, then adhere the layers together before moving on.

Cut thread into strings 2x longer than paper pieces. Tape string along the backs of the paper columns leaving excess at the top. Align dowel at top of columns and tape string in a loop around the dowel. Install dowel and columns of paper on desired wall using wall hooks or screw eyes.

4 comments:

  1. So cute and simple, gonna have to try this in my new place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do... instagram a picture of it and tag #colormestyled and me (@colormestyled) so I can see!

      Delete
  2. I love this, so cute and looks easy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and it isn't too expensive either so you can leave it up for a while and then redo it if you change your mind!

      Delete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover