Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Color Me Styled - Corporal Corporate


 


As promised, here's a personal style post! I spend most of my styling energy on outfits for work so my first personal style post is both office-friendly and military inspired.



When I start to style an outfit with a certain trend in mind I first look to magazines and pinterest. A simple search of the trend's key words will help give you some ideas for how others have put this trend together. The next step is to look at your own closet. 




For the military trend I focused on the army color scheme. Green, grey, and brown. And because I was headed to the office, pencil skirt and jacket were essential. 

I'm a big fan of the offset-semi-tuck for shirts into skirts. For me it helps to create a focal point waist without cutting my short frame in half. 




The final piece is to accessorize. For my military outfit I focused on matte brass and silver. My necklace is a grey pearl piece from J.Crew a few years ago and when paired with the grey T-shirt, it creates a monochromatic but textured effect. 



Jacket H&M (similar here), T-shirt J.Crew, Skirt Banana Republic (similar here and here), Shoes Nine West (similar here), Bracelet JewelMint & Free People, Watch Marc by Marc Jacobs

Big thanks to Sara from Project Soiree and WhatRUWearing for being my photographer!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a perfect outfit and I loved being your photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sara! You made me look like it was a cool 65 degrees... in fact, hottest day of the year! (hashtag Pro)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover