Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Color Me Thrifty - Bar Cart on a Budget

inspiration images via Pinterest | Urban Outfitters Shelf

It seems like everyone has a bar cart and I hate to be the one left out... but I don't have a spare $600 for the Society Social cart that I desire. I never advocate for knockoffs. But I do advocate for getting what you want at a price you can afford.

Enter the Urban Outfitters Tulip Shelf which is unfortunately now out-of-stock but the Urban Outfitters has a lot of good, affordable options is an excellent alternative. (As is the IKEA VITTSJÖ if you have room to go vertical. 

Now I really do like the yellow the only problem is that all of our furniture is essentially in one room (aka loft living) and unless I get all new furniture (an option sidelined by Danny pretty quickly) the yellow has to go.

Here's where I need your help. The bar cart / shelf will be in a corner on its own but will be in the eye line of our grey West Elm Henry Chair and a pistachio slash leaf colored love seat. We also have a black sideboard from Crate and Barrel, a black and chrome dining set from IKEA and a grey shelving unit from CB2 in the space.






I want the cart to add a pop of color but don't want it to draw attention. I've decided that a blue is a good choice but now I need your help picking from Ocean, Iris or Global Blue. 

Whaddya think? Which one should I go with? 

updated: the winner was... Global Blue! 
See the finished product here: Color Me Thrifty - The Bar Shelf



4 comments:

  1. I vote Iris!! Loving navy blue right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't think it would be strange to have it next to the black? I think it is bright enough to go with and I can brighten it with trays or other accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote Iris too! accessories? Chrome to go with the dining table and Glass to add sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So the discussion has been had and I'm going with Global Blue. The thought being that if it is too bright or stands out too much Iris can always be the second choice. Or since it is just spray paint I could change it as often as I want!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover