Thursday, December 6, 2012

Color Me Bonita - Acne And the Economy Series #1

Daniela, our skin care expert has developed a new series for us called "Acne and the Economy" so not only can we blame our acne on hormones and that weird product they swiped on at the department store, we now have another scapegoat! This is a five part series that will be posting over the next 5 weeks. Also coming up we've got Gift Ideas, Holiday Party Planning, Holiday Decorating and Holiday Travel Tips! Plus whatever news comes out of GB with HRH Kate and HRH Baby!


How can I stress less about work ?  Part 1

As an independent woman in business, many of my clients ask me about how to become less stressed out about work.   Generally my clientele work in the corporate world in positions of sales, advertising, consulting, marketing and PR, among a few other professions.  They see me as not only independent, but also calm and serene so much of the time.  Clearly I love what I do, I’m an enthusiastic expert in my chosen field, and I don’t have to follow anyone else’s orders, since I’m self employed.  Not only do they want to know how I do it all, but how I stay so calm.

The problem I’ve observed over the years seems to be that people feel they are putting in their 110% and getting nothing in return.  I think there’s a reality in the workplace today that’s vastly different from how many of us were raised, the idea that you must put in 110% to be noticed, praised, promoted or given a raise.  Our grandparents’ generation believed this to be ethical in addition to being a guarantee of job security.  Our parents’ generation believed this to be the way to get ahead.  The perception of our generation and this economy? It’s the way you keep your job.

So, wanting to have pride in the work you put forth every day, and naturally wanting not only acknowledgment, but some kind of appreciable benefit you can see right in front of you, you start to care so much, if you get scolded, ignored, pressured, blamed, or taken advantage of, you end up wearing that stress as a personal garment.

The solution ?  See Part 2.

We won't keep you waiting long... Part 2 will be up tomorrow so make sure you come back for Daniela's advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover