Monday, November 19, 2012

Color Me Styled - Scenes from My Weekend

So, the "Scenes from My Weekend" posts are a popular topic for a lot of bloggers out there. I love Jacquelyn Clark's blog Lark and Linen and she does weekend updates and they're always exciting. She also posts these awesome "House Envy" posts where I just want to jump into each picture and live!



Then on Friday Danny and I made a rare (and I hate to admit that) appearance out! We usually are so wiped out on Fridays from a busy work week that going out just never seems to be in the cards. But this week, we did and we both enjoyed hanging out with friends. And, since we don't make it out too often I wanted to make sure I snagged a pic with my bff!

Lists!! I made a few different lists and made a lot of progress on them on Sunday. A chore list, grocery list and packing list for this week. 

I treated myself to a few Toll House mint-swirl chocolate chip cookies. They're the break and bake kind so it is really easy to make just one. (Okay, I made 3)

An at-home manicure and pedicure while paging through Elle and Martha Stewart. I actually LOVE Jennifer Laurence's bangs and am considering them. I know I shouldn't and that I'll be sick of them in a few days but they look so adorable (on her). For the nail colors I did Essie Carry On as a base and then Essie A Cut Above pink glitter on top. It is just the smallest touch of glitter and it makes me smile.

I spent the rest of my Saturday (Danny was at the Wisconsin Badger game in Madison with friends) watching as many episodes of The Tudors as possible. I LOVE historical fiction. Where I left off... Anne just lost her head (and, don't be mad that I didn't say "spoiler alert". If you didn't know that Anne lost her head you need to go back to high school history class).

We treated ourselves on Sunday. We started the day with savory crepes with blueberry breakfast sausage (I was too hungry to remember to take pictures). I then set about completing many items on my lists and then when it was time for supper we treated ourselves again with a hearty pasta favorite; Red Wine Capellini (even in this post I mention our typical Friday night routine!).  

After dinner on Sunday I wrote out several emails that I had been putting off all week and wrote this post!

I don't know if I'll be doing this every week but if you are interested in more of my personal day-to-day musings visit Daily E. It is the blog I typically update from my phone or with instagram posts.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover