Monday, October 22, 2012

Color Me Trendy - The Cape Coat



I love layers. It is rare to find me wearing just a shirt without a jacket or sweater over it. So when the weather turns chilly I am drawn to all sorts of outerwear including trench coats, bombers and more than ever, the cape.

Capes instantly dress up any outfit! Doesn't it also make you think of having a cozy blanket wrapped around you? Like a super classy snuggy.

I am so coveting a cape for winter! But I can't decide which one to go after. I love classic tweeds in brown but I already have a brown tweed trench. I love grey as a neutral option but I have a grey pea coat in my closet. So I think my only option is to go with black. I just hope I don't start calling myself batman.

This cape from Alice + Olivia punches up the fun factor with bright mustard piping. I also love the belt which keeps this cape from becoming a tent!


I also love these styles from Leslie Tessler.


Maybe I'm into yellow?

And if I feel super ambitious I could take a whack at a DIY Cape originally posted by Anna at In Honor of Design. INOD is a daily read of mine so I was so pumped when I saw her successful DIY!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I love a cape.
    B's green one kind of makes me want to knock her down and steal it from her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW! Basically I want everything B wears, always. I'll help ambush her.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover