Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Color Me Trendy - Superstorm Sandy

Power Off in Manhattan via Twitter

Hurricane Sandy hit NYC hard and my thoughts go out to everyone there.

Remember, always, Safety first.

But, once power starts to come back and the flood water starts to recede you'll be back bustling around the city and will need to dodge a few puddles. I suggest a uniform of tights or leggings and wellington boots.




Then it is also important to remember power outage survival tips. Conserve your phone batteries by turning it off or alternating having yours on and having your roommate's off. Make sure any unnecessary apps are off. 

Your refrigerator will hold cold as long as you keep it closed. Have a plan before you open it so you can go in, get what you need and close it again without letting a lot of cold air out. The stuff in your freezer will all have to be checked once power is back.

Enjoy the quiet time, play a board game or read a book (tomorrow in the daylight) and actually go speak to your neighbors! You'll have great stories for drier days and can barter some of your wine for crackers or bottled water. 


2 comments:

  1. A couple of years ago we went without power for a week after a huge storm in Chattanooga. Reading your post made me twitch a little. I remember being so happy for the quiet time for the first night or two - it was an adventure. But it got REAL old REAL quick.
    Here's hoping the people of NY don't have to wait that long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote this on Monday night before we knew that NYC could be out of power for a week. It is terrible and very scary at the same time. I agree, a few days would probably feel adventurous but anything longer must be draining. I just hope that everyone stays safe and can rally together to get by.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment here or on Facebook or Tweet me @ebdaily - - - talk soon!

Pin It button on image hover